Emergency Assist 991 (EA991), is launching an initiative aimed at supporting Youth Employment in Botswana and will be awarding five complimentary Driver Train the Trainer Programme (All Classes), to qualifying persons who are currently unemployed.
This initiative forms part of EA991’s 18th Anniversary celebrations and also supports their continued involvement and commitment to promoting Road Safety in Botswana.
The National Certificate in Driver Training Instructor (All Classes), a BQA registered national qualification, is designed for persons who intend to work in the Driver Training industry as a driver trainer, assessor or moderator, said Mr Modisaemang, Managing Director.
Out of one thousand driving instructors currently active in Botswana, less than fifteen are female! Therefore, as part of this initiative, EA991 is promoting accessibility of women into the Driver Training Industry and the majority of successful applicants will be women, to meet our objective of pairing female learner drivers to female instructors, said Modisaemang.
The EA991 Driving Academy will institute a performance bond post training, so that we engage the successful applicants within our institute to gain experience, with the view of providing them with employment opportunities. EA991 is committed to build the next generation of professional driver trainers in order to provide driver training instruction that is in line with the BQA and DRTS requirements. We want to instil a safety conscious driver attitude which ultimately will produce efficient and safe drivers on Botswana’s Roads” concluded Modisaemang.
The EA991 Driving Academy is inviting persons who are:
- Currently unemployed,
- Aged 21 or older,
- Holding a Class B driving licence for at least 2-years.
- Be resident in Gaborone for the duration of the course.
- Added advantage would be teaching qualifications i.e. CVET or diploma / degree in Education, and / or have a level 1 First Aid Certificate.
Online applications opened on the 20th of April 2021 and close on Friday 23rd April 2021.
Successful applicants will be randomly selected and short listed from the applications received and should avail themselves for an interview if called for.
The following terms and conditions apply with regards to the application for the complimentary Driver Train the Trainer Programme (All Classes).
By submitting an application, each entrant agrees to and is deemed to have accepted all the Competition rules, terms and conditions.
- This campaign is open to citizens and permanent residents of the Republic of Botswana
- This campaign is open only to unemployed persons and must be 21 or older.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to submit a CV, as well as Certified copies of qualifications, Valid Drivers Licence and valid ID / Omang will need to be provided by shortlisted / successful applicants.
- Shortlisted applicants must be prepared to attend an interview - which could be an online video call.
- The course will only be offered in Gaborone.
- The start date of the Course will be confirmed and communicated to successful applicants.
- The Course will run for a minimum of nine months, but could extend to 1-year.
- This initiative only offers the successful candidates the opportunity to complete the Course, and is not in any way, means or form of a job offer, or employment.
- Employees of EA991 and their related subsidiaries, as well as their immediate families, associated agencies and service providers may not participate in this Campaign.
- Participants’ application and personal information will be kept confidential. This data will NOT be provided to third parties.
- Each applicant agrees that an accredited EA991 Advisor may contact her/him, on the contact details s/he has provided on the this application.
- EA991 can terminate this campaign with immediate effect and without notice. In such event, all entrants waive any rights, which they may have against EA991, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse to any claim of any sort.
- EA991 reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions which it will publish at the time of amendment.
Thank you for all the applications received for this EA991 Initiative.
The list of the candidates can be found here on our new post.
The EA991 Team will be in contact with the shortlisted candidates with further instructions.
"EA991 is committed to build the next generation of professional driver trainers. We want to instil a safety conscious driver attitude which ultimately will produce efficient and safe drivers on Botswana’s Roads” - Simon Modisaemang - Managing Director
#EA991 #EA991Cares #Drivertraining #Roadsafety