EA991 Driving Academy Driver Training Courses are designed to facilitate and assist Learners to not only become proficient and confident drivers through the transfer of knowledge via the instructors and course material, but also to adapt their attitudinal behaviour to become safety conscious road users.
The programmes begin in the classroom with theory lessons; and thereafter practical lessons are conducted at their well laid out training grounds.
Apart from theory and practical tuition received through the Academy, Learners will also need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor. These form part of the Course Hours that need to be completed, before assessment takes place, and to obtain their Certificate of Competence.
EA991 Driving Academy is fully accredited by the Botswana Qualifications Authority to offer the following Driver Training Courses
- Class B,
- Class EC1,
- Class EC,
- Defensive Driving Courses.
- National Certificate in Driver Training Instructor [all classes] - ToT
Currently the Class B and EC1 / EC, and ToT courses are offered only in Gaborone, but plans are already underway to expand to other key cities across Botswana.
Defensive Driving Course is offered in Gaborone, as well as in other major centres when the minimum number of 10 learners is met.
The Class B Course is designed for individuals over the age of 18 who aspire to be drivers. Whether you want to gain your independence or where driving is required as part of your career, this is the perfect introduction to your driving journey. A choice of manual or automatic transmission training is offered.
This Class EC1 / EC programme is designed for individuals over the age of 25, who have at least 2 years Class B driving experience, and who aspire to be trained to operate an articulated heavy vehicle/truck, and pursue a career as a professional truck driver!
The Defensive Driving programme is designed for individuals over the age of 18 who want to understand the principles of Defensive Driving, whether for the use of their own vehicle or for a work environment where defensive driving is required. This course will benefit people seeking employment as a driver.
Please note that we also offer a 5-Day, full-time Training Package for Corporate or Fleet Companies. The Training Costs can be claimed back via the Training Levy.
The Driver Trainer Course, a national qualification, is designed for people who are working or intend to work in a vocational education and training institution and or industry as driver trainers, assessors and moderators.
Holders of this qualification are able to impart knowledge of driving on learner drivers!
This course is available at the following location:
- Block 3 Industrial, Gaborone
Learner Drivers obtain world class professional driver training instruction in a safe environment, at value for money rates.
- EA991 Driving Academy is an Accredited Education and Training Provider (ETP) by the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
- Accredited Professional Instructors with proficient knowledge & long-term experience.
- Theory lessons are offered in air-conditioned and well equipped lecture rooms.
- Practical lessons are offered in roadworthy, air-conditioned vehicles.
- All training material and self learning assignments are included.
- Learners can select and manage their Theory & Practical lesson time slots.
- Ongoing Assessments are completed with each Learner.
- A Certificate of Competence is provided for successful Learners.
- Theory & practical tests at DRTS are booked / secured on behalf of Learners - no need to Q!
- Sponsors and Learners can be assured that each learner will receive world class professional driver training instruction, in a safe environment!
Smart Drivers Start at the EA991 Driving Academy