The FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE IN DRIVING (CLASS B) Course is designed for individuals over the age of 18 who aspire to be drivers. Whether you want to gain your independence or where driving is required as part of your career, this is the perfect introduction to your driving journey.
This course is available at the following locations:
- Block 3 Industrial, Gaborone
- GWest, Gaborone
Please note that future additional locations will be available in 2020.
The dates for the next Course are as listed below:
- January 2021
- February 2021
- March 2021
- April 2021
The available Time Slots are as below:
Monday - Friday
- 08h00 - 10h00;
- 10h30 - 12h30;
- 14h30 - 16h30.
The course is broken up into two sections, namely:
- Classes take place over a 4 / 5 week period – where a Learner will need to attend 2-hour classroom lessons, as well as a learner will need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor.
- Upon completion of the Theory Lessons, learners will be assessed, and if successful, they will be able issued with a Certificate of Competence.
Obtain a Provisional Learners Licence at DRTS.
The learner will then need to pass the DRTS Theory test, undergo eye screening and apply for a provisional (learners) licence. Once a learner has obtained their provisional (learners) licence, they will then be able to schedule their practical lessons with an EA991 Driving Academy Instructor.
- Practical lessons will then be scheduled and be completed over an eight week period, which includes theory, practical yard lessons and road lessons, as well as a learner will need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor.
- Upon completion of the Practical Lessons, learners will be assessed, and if successful, they will be able to obtain a Certificate of Competence.
Obtaining your Driver’s Licence at DRTS.
The learner will then need to pass the DRTS Yard test, and if successful will then provide their valid driving test results and eye screening results and pay for their driving licence at DRTS.
- Accredited Professional Instructors with proficient knowledge & long-term experience.
- Theory lessons are offered in air-conditioned and well equipped lecture rooms.
- Practical lessons are offered in roadworthy, air-conditioned vehicles with dual pedal controls, as required by Government.
- All training material and self-learning assignments are included.
- A Certificate of Competence is provided for successful Learners.
- EA991 Driving Academy is an Accredited Education and Training Provider (ETP) by the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
- Our Instructors are all BQA accredited.
- Our training courses are BQA Accredited and/or DRTS Approved.
- All vehicles are fitted with tracking devices.
- All Learners are covered by 3rd Party Insurance.
- Learners can be assured that they will receive world class professional driver training instruction, in a safe environment!