The EC Driver Licence programme is designed for individuals over the age of 25, and who have at least 2 years Class B driving experience, who aspire to be trained to operate an articulated heavy vehicle/truck, and pursue a career as a professional truck driver.
This course is available at the following location:
- Block 3 Industrial, Gaborone
Please note that future additional locations will be available in 2020
The dates for the next Course are as listed below:
- July 2021
The available Time Slots are as below:
Monday - Friday
- 14h30 - 16h30.
The EC Driver Licence course is broken up into two sections, namely:
- Classes take place over a 4 / 5 week period – where a Learner will need to attend 2-hour classroom lessons, as well as a learner will need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor.
- Upon completion of the Theory Lessons, learners will be assessed, and if successful, they will be able issued with a Certificate of Competence.
Obtaining a Provisional Learners Licence at DRTS.
The learner will then need to pass the DRTS Theory test, undergo eye screening and apply for a provisional (learners) licence. Once a learner has obtained their provisional (learners) licence, they will then be able to schedule their practical lessons with an EA991 Driving Academy Instructor.
- Practical lessons will then be scheduled and be completed over an eight week period, which includes theory, practical yard lessons and road lessons, as well as a learner will need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor.
- Upon completion of the Practical Lessons, learners will be assessed, and if successful, they will be able to obtain a Certificate of Competence.
Obtaining your Driver’s Licence at DRTS.
The learner will then need to pass the DRTS Yard test &Road Test, and if successful will then provide their valid driving test results and eye screening results and pay for their driving licence at DRTS.
- Accredited Professional Instructors with proficient knowledge & long-term experience.
- Theory lessons are offered in air-conditioned and well equipped lecture rooms.
- Practical lessons are offered in roadworthy, air-conditioned vehicles.
- All training material and self-learning assignments are included.
- A Certificate of Competence is provided for successful Learners.
- EA991 Driving Academy is an Accredited Education and Training Provider (ETP) by the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
- Our Instructors are all BQA accredited.
- Our training courses are BQA Accredited and/or DRTS Approved.
- All vehicles are fitted with tracking devices.
- All Learners are covered by 3rd Party Insurance.
- Learners can be assured that they will receive world class professional driver training instruction, in a safe environment!