The Driver Trainer Course, a national qualification, is designed for people who are working or intend to work in a vocational education and training institution and or industry as driver trainers, assessors and moderators.
Holders of this qualification are able to impart knowledge of driving on learner drivers!
This course is available at the following location:
- Block 3 Industrial, Gaborone
The dates for the next Course are still to be finalised.
- Please complete an online application and we will be in contact to advise of the start date for this full time course, run over a period of 12 months.
Monday to Friday - Full Day
This course is a full time course, run over a period of 12 months.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is taken into account, and Learners can request an assessment of their skills and experience compared with the learning outcomes or units standards required for this course.
The course is broken up into two sections, namely:
- Classes take place each day - Monday to Friday (6-hours), over a three month period.
- A learner will need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor.
- Thereafter the Learner will produce a Portfolio of Evidence.
- Upon completion of the Theory Lessons, learners will be assessed, and if successful, they will be issued with a Certificate of Competence.
- Certain unit standards are practical based and will be assessed through practical based activities.
- The Practical lessons and assessments will be scheduled and completed over a set period, and they will include theory, practical yard and road practical assessments. The learner will need to complete assignments, self-learning, view prescribed videos and other materials, as prescribed by the Instructor.
- Upon completion of the Practical Lessons, learners will be assessed, and if successful, they will be able to obtain a Certificate of Competence.
- Accredited Professional Instructors with proficient knowledge & long-term experience.
- Theory lessons are offered in air-conditioned and well equipped lecture rooms.
- Practical lessons are offered in roadworthy, air-conditioned vehicles.
- All training material and self-learning assignments are included.
- A Certificate of Competence is provided for successful Learners.
- EA991 Driving Academy is an Accredited Education and Training Provider (ETP) by the Botswana Qualifications Authority (BQA).
- Our Instructors are all BQA accredited.
- Our training courses are BQA Accredited and/or DRTS Approved.
- Learners can be assured that they will receive world class professional driver training instruction, in a safe environment!