Emergency Assist Medical Services EA991 offers a fully integrated world-class call pre-hospital care assistance that includes both evacuation by road or air transportation. We draw on a wide skills set and knowledge base in advising and delivering on our emergency medical assistance services as well as telephonic support lines from our 24 hour Response Contact Centre located in Gaborone.
Core services within our pre-hospital care scope are as follows:
Ground Ambulance Operation
Our ambulances are manned by emergency care practitioners of various levels of qualification, namely basic life support (BLS), intermediate life support (ILS) and advanced life support (ALS) levels.
Air Medical Evacuation
Through our aeromedical aviation partner Okavango Air Rescue, Emergency Assist 991 operates a dedicated fully configured dedicated Bell Jetranger 206 III helicopter air ambulance as well a dedicated Pilatus PC12 ICU air ambulance.
The Pilatus air ambulance service operates throughout the Southern African region and both the aircraft and the helicopter service can be mobilized within 30 minutes after authorization.
Air ambulances are staffed by emergency medicine trained Doctors, Flight Nurses and Advanced Life Support Paramedics.
Site Based Medical Services
Emergency Assist 991 has the capability to deliver a full bouquet of medical solutions to a client’s industrial site and these include:
- Onsite resource placement i.e. medical staff and air or ground ambulances.
- Onsite management of the clinic.
- Primary & Occupational health services.
- Placement of a dedicated ambulance and medical crew at the site.
Corporate Emergency Medical Assistance (EMS) Cover
Emergency Assist 991’s Corporate EMS Cover provides corporate clients with pre-hospital emergency medical care for their workplace/events and this cover extends to each and every individual at that particular place.
This cover includes the following services and benefits:
- Response by road or air to the scene of a medical emergency.
- Transfer of patient to the nearest and most appropriate medical facility.
- Medical standby and assistance with emergency evacuations and/or mock drills at the client’s premises.
- Medical standby’s for the clients corporate events e.g. team building exercises, family fun days, etc.
- First aid training for clients’ employees.